Saturday, November 13, 2010

Reaching out to friends is a sure fix for holiday stress.

Tis the season...for those holiday stressors in life and winter blues.  How to work through it once it hits can be challenging.  If you start now to take care of yourself, things can be better for you and those you love, friends and family.

Today I stopped to consider the idea of friendship, and what an important role friends play in my life.   In this later part of life our friends emerge and become our nuclear family.  These friends play a significant role in making up our family, and define just how special these people are to us. 

I have a girlfriend that I walk with and share intimate details of my life. Who else can I trust and share so openly with knowing they will be there for me tomorrow and the next day and the next.  We are not related, but the friendship we share makes her part of my family.

This year my cousin is coming to Naples (my town) for four months. I cannot tell you how much that means to me to have family and friendship. The best!!!

Reach out and call a friend.  Set a time to get together and have a cup of java and just talk to one another.  We all need people so pick up the phone, email or text, no excuses, just do it.  Call someone you love and make a connection.  You both will be happy for the time and energy spent with each other.  The best gift of all, FRIENDSHIP!

No comments:

Post a Comment