Friday, December 3, 2010

Giving back to your community with acts of kindness.

Community friendship!  What does this mean?.  Recently, I flew to Minnesota ,where I’m from, to spend time with friends before it got too cold for my Florida blood.  My friend drove past the park on Serpant Lake and there was this new structure in place called “Project Play”.  I  love the name “Project Play,”  so upon further investigation, I learned that the community took this project upon themselves to serve the children and families of the community.  We took some time to play on the Viking ship and of course a new photo of the Serpant.  Children were playing though it was chilly, a balmy 40 something outside temperature.  Warm for northern folks.  It was cause to pause.  I appreciated all the time, energy and monies it took to plan, the kids gave there input for a desired outcome, very nice. The town came together to create a structure for play.  It makes me wonder how many lives have been touched by this act of kindness?

Think about all the people in your community.  What is the temperature  of  the community connection?  Do people come together for the greater good and create friendships that last a lifetime?    Community friendship, a lovely perspective that reaches further than the town’s boundary lines.  It goes out into the universe to give and feel joy!!!  That’s what friends do-support each other AND the community!  Barrow a cup of sugar, and if you can't bring back a cake, a piece of the cake would still be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment